Cant charge my smartphone no more,usb port stuffed

Simply been plugged in and plugged in so many times is broken, its been coming for a while so the question is what to do as the phone is perfectly good. can i

1.charge the battery in another way by taking it out and using a charger of some sort

2 simply bye another phone with same battery , charge it with that, that would be a pain after time

3 forget about it , bye another, it is still working fine, its using the internet that hammers the battery,would sill like to use it as a maybe non internet phone

4 Back over it with a steamroller

geek_mikeynz13, May 8, 7:37 pm

What phone is it?

1. Is the easiest option

2. Is a silly option

3. Is the alternative to 1.

4. Is the fun option, then choose 3.

You may be able to fix the port yourself, that's another option

geek_2nd2none, May 8, 7:43 pm

its a galaxy ace

geek_mikeynz13, May 8, 7:46 pm

That's a disposable phone anyway - you could get something significantly better for less than $200

geek_vtecintegra, May 8, 7:53 pm

true, they get better and cheaper all the time

geek_mikeynz13, May 8, 7:54 pm

what i hate though is that the phone is fine apart from the no charging issue

geek_mikeynz13, May 8, 7:57 pm

You could take it to a mobile repair place and see how much to repair the port, could be less than $100.

geek__drdee_, May 8, 11:05 pm

Kia Ora
I would think option 1. is the best solution.
I purchased a universal charger from the camera shop opposite the ferry wharf at Devonport. It works fine mainly on the spare battery I have for my video camera, but OK for other batteries too.

geek_macknife, May 9, 1:02 pm

im not interested in using the phone for the net anymore, charging and charging all the time wore the wee tab whatever it is out, if i can get a charger that would be good,just use as a standard phone as for internet usage , well i will get another phone, maybe something different

geek_mikeynz13, May 9, 1:50 pm

i would say i have had 2 galaxys, they are ok but the battery life is pretty crap, not sure if any othersare any better, does anyone else know, you tell me.

geek_mikeynz13, May 9, 1:58 pm

Buy, not bye.
Take it in and get the port fixed.

geek_lythande1, May 9, 2:57 pm

Sometimes the issue is just dust in the port. If you can't see actual damage, try blowing real hard into the port for a bit.

geek_pzkpfw, May 9, 7:44 pm

Look into wireless chargers, not sure if galaxy ace is supported or not but they are getting cheaper and could give you new life

geek_cookee_nz, May 9, 9:49 pm

not this one its well stuffed

geek_mikeynz13, May 10, 1:11 am

bye is a texting habit. sometimes spills over to other sentances over time

geek_mikeynz13, May 10, 1:13 am

If you bought another phone; couldn't you just use the new one?

(that's what we do at work though - we have a bunch of broken phones that we use as chargers for the one's that do work).

geek_emmerson1, May 11, 10:44 pm

That's more than a bit silly.

geek_chito, May 12, 10:06 am

For a few dollars you can buy a generic usb charger that plugs into the wall and delivers the same 5 volts DC you'd get from pluging it into your PC or Laptop.

geek_cafc2012, Dec 1, 5:12 am

Share this thread