Windows 10 Official release date - 29 July

Just got the notification and done the pre-order.

geek_kiwikidd77, Jun 3, 11:26 am

Just got a notification as well and was coming on here to check if it was normal and safe. Says it is a full upload.

geek_bernie184, Jun 3, 12:12 pm

I don't know much about it but i got my icon in the taskbar and had a flick through. Is it free for ever or does it run out and you have to buy it? If i don't like it can i go back?

geek_tiki-turtle, Jun 3, 12:16 pm

I got the message to, and was wondering if i should download it. Thought i would check on here to see if anyone has taken the leap and see what they think of it.

geek_coralie, Jun 3, 12:32 pm

Windows Offer Details: Windows 10 is a free upgrade, for a limited time, for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices (including devices that you already own). It is our intention that most of these devices will qualify, but some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device. The availability of Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 devices may vary by OEM, mobile operator or carrier. Devices must be connected to the Internet and have Windows Update enabled.

geek_stickman100, Jun 3, 12:53 pm

Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside this offer. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer??ôs website and the http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows/windows-10-specifications

geek_stickman100, Sep 23, 11:14 pm

Share this thread