Samsung Galaxy S3 battery

shedz2, Feb 16, 9:11am
It'seems probably been asked before .
Samsung galaxy S3, battery can be at 100% charge - take three photos and the screen sort of shimmers and then phone shuts down - seems like phone has to be plugged in all the time (not practical! )
Will a new battery fix this or is the phone itself "buggered"?
If new battery would prolong life of phone where is the best place to get a new battery?
Thanks for your help :)

suicidemonkey, Feb 16, 9:22am
Probably the battery. And if it's not, they're pretty cheap so it's worth trying.

You're on a great website to buy that sort of thing :) Get a genuine one preferably.

loose.unit8, Feb 16, 9:44am
When my S3 battery was shagged it would do that, except it would go from 100% to 20% in about 3 hours, then do what you described

shedz2, Feb 16, 10:16am
Hmm. Think I'll try a new battery first. When I rang Spark they just wanted me to buy a new phone, said that putting a new battery in wouldn't fix the problem :(

suicidemonkey, Feb 16, 10:24am
They're just reading from a flowchart.

At the end of the day a new battery will cost you around $20 so it's not much to lose considering the alternative is buying a new phone.

_drdee_, Feb 16, 9:08pm
Unless it has been wet at some stage.

wellygoggles, Feb 17, 1:19am
shedz2 have you got a new battery yet cos I need one pronto too?

suicidemonkey, Aug 4, 3:57am
Sounds like they just told you what you wanted to hear.

"Faulty" software can always be fixed with a quick factory reset (takes 2 minutes). And "faulty" batteries just get replaced.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)