Microsoft should be sued Page 1 / 3

terry012, Jun 15, 5:18pm
Win10 is the worst OS ever produced. Their update freeze computers and they have no idea how to fix it. Due to not being booted up, they cant even access it. Time to run hacked versions of their programs and OS systems. I've had a gut full

suicidemonkey, Jun 15, 5:30pm
Lol. Interesting. I use Windows 10 on multiple computers and I've never had a problem. Fantastic OS in my opinion.

User error is probably the issue in most cases. But sure, blame the big corporation instead.

terry012, Jun 15, 5:33pm
No user error. It did an update then went into a repair mode that it cant fix. Microsoft techs gave up on it,,that says a lot

terry012, Jun 15, 5:35pm
Monkey, Im prepared to give you direct access to it. they were unable because it wouldn't boot to win10 for starters.

suicidemonkey, Jun 15, 5:37pm
Do a factory reset then. If you have proper backups it's an easy task.

Issues with updates happen with any software, not just Windows. It can be the fault of the software/update itself, conflicts with third party software on the system, or hardware incompatibilities.
As Windows is developed for a massive range of systems and hardware, it would be impossible for Microsoft to make it work 100% perfectly with every combination. In my experience they get it right 99% of the time.

As I said, if the update has really broken the system (which is rare), a factory reset is your best option.

Or roll back the update, which is an option in the recovery console.

snoopy221, Jun 15, 5:38pm
How damn old is the hard drive?
Probably went in to repair mode because of a failing or corrupt hard drive.

terry012, Jun 15, 5:41pm
ssd and on a gamer. not a shit system like most of you own

terry012, Jun 15, 5:43pm
And HDsentinal Pro sats discs are healthy

suicidemonkey, Jun 15, 5:44pm
Lol. Sweet, you're obviously an angry know-it-all who doesn't know anything so won't waste my time.

FYI if we're playing "who has the fastest computer", I can assure you it's me.

terry012, Jun 15, 5:45pm
suicidemonkey wrote:
Do a factory reset then. If you have proper backups it's an easy task.

Issues with updates happen with any software, not just Windows. It can be the fault of the software/update itself, conflicts with third party software on the system, or hardware incompatibilities.
As Windows is developed for a massive range of systems and hardware, it would be impossible for Microsoft to make it work 100% perfectly with every combination. In my experience they get it right 99% of the time.

As I said, if the update has really broken the system (which is rare), a factory reset is your best option.

Or roll back the update, which is an option in the recovery console.[/quote

The recovery mode cant see the restore point from a month ago

terry012, Jun 15, 5:58pm
Im not worried about how fast, its the OS that is the problem

suicidemonkey, Jun 15, 6:01pm
It's really not.

king1, Jun 15, 6:03pm
i love these rants
your fridge breaks you call a repair man - your pc breaks, jump on the trademe forum and whinge about it.

king1, Jun 15, 6:06pm
From experience, this is an indication but NOT a guarantee. I have seen drives that HDS shows as 100% yet they were found to be the root cause

king1, Jun 15, 6:08pm
This is going to make it work better how?

terry012, Jun 15, 6:18pm
I run win7 and xp as a rule. many businesses still run these systems for a reason. Many programs are not win10 compatible and wont run in compatability mode while in win10. I run win10 for one version of a game but gave up due to the type of game.All other versions are ok. I have never had problems with other Os's like win10

terry012, Jun 15, 6:22pm
I will also point out that I have tried all the Dos commands in bcdedit that win10 is known for. been around these pieces of crap for a day or two and am quite happy in Dos or xtree or any other OS

ross1970, Jun 15, 6:23pm
"Microsoft should be sued"

Well go ahead champ, stop whinging and do it.
Report back how you get on.
You're obviously 100% correct so no probs with the legal action then .

king1, Jun 15, 6:27pm
Maybe three years ago but these days its only old, obsolete and unsupported software that won't run, and that is the appdevs problem not Microsofts. And most businesses I deal with are already on Windows 10 or moving to it. Win 7 is EOL in 18 months FYI

suicidemonkey, Jun 15, 6:29pm
Guys there's no point trying to help someone who already knows everything :)

terry012, Jun 15, 6:30pm
You think for one minute that the words microsoft and sued in the same post wouldn't be picked up by micrsoft. think again

king1, Jun 15, 6:36pm
perhaps you should read their license agreement

nice_lady, Jun 15, 6:45pm
Assume what you like but that doesn't make you right.

nice_lady, Jun 15, 6:47pm
For once I pretty much agree with you Ross !

ross1970, Jun 15, 6:54pm
Awesome :)
I agree with myself 100% of the time, so I must be right about everything.
I think that's how it works.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)