Xtra rejecting emails?

mrelijah, Jun 12, 11:54am
Some of our friends are getting this message when they attempt to email us at xtra.

"Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
host mx.xtra.co.nz
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible spam content"

Anyone else have this problem?
Is XTRA's spam detector set too aggressively?
Help!
Thanks in advance

tegretol, Jun 12, 12:09pm
Yes have been getting that on and off from known valid xtra accounts. Re-sending usually works and the email is delivered on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Only ever happens when sending mail with attachments in my experience.

suicidemonkey, Jun 12, 12:20pm
My answer to this kind of question will always be "get rid of Xtra, it's the worst e-mail provider in the world".

r.g.nixon, Jun 12, 12:54pm
If using Thunderbird, use a FileLink service for larger attachments. e.g. pCloud (they have an add-on for Thunderbird).

tegretol, Jun 12, 1:38pm
Am gradually moving to putting the .pdf's I send out onto my website with obtruse names and emailing the recipient the links - this then provides me with an audit trail thru cpanel.

mrelijah, Jun 12, 1:49pm
In our case it's happening even when we don't have attachments.

mkr_ahearn, Jun 12, 1:59pm
Have you contacted spark?

mrelijah, Jun 12, 2:15pm
We have been looking at their website trying to find a contact email address or contact form. But no luck! We'd be grateful to anyone who could provide the link.

If their spam filter setting is to aggressive, they need to know.

smyrnia, Jun 12, 6:43pm

gibler, Jun 12, 6:45pm
+1 indeed.

allanbb, Jun 14, 9:46am
I have also had massive problems sending to xtra and customers complaining they are getting no payment instructions. Its a complete nightmare, I now have an xtra account to send from for those customers but it makes the business look shoddy. Already one of my feedback says poor communication. Emailing customers is now taking way longer than it should

jethrocat, Jun 17, 11:18pm
no thats Yahoo

jethrocat, Jun 17, 11:19pm
you had me rolling around holding my sides as I laughed out aloud

allanbb, Nov 3, 8:59pm
I contacted spark but didn't get anywhere and I also got an xtra account - which will now not send to other xtra accounts. The first email I got was a spam trade me email. I can't get legitimate emails on the xtra account but the spam is getting through no bother! After trying to send to xtra from 3 different accounts I have given up and will just have to wear the 'poor communication' feedback from customers. If only trade me could re implement the notes function it would be a life saver.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)