Google search on Safari

nbrob, Aug 24, 9:32am
Is anyone getting the following when doing a Google search on Safari?

It has been happening for the past 36hrs or so.

Yahoo! - Help
Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

Yahoo!
Unfortunately we are unable to process your request at this time. This error is usually temporary. Please try again later.

If you continue to experience this error, it may be caused by one of the following:

You may want to scan your system for spyware and viruses, as they may interfere with your ability to connect to Yahoo!. For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center.
This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them.
While this error is usually temporary, if it continues and the above solutions don't resolve your problem, please let us know.

Return to Yahoo!

Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance.

Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy Terms of Service

king1, Aug 24, 10:09am
doesn't look like a google search if its giving you a yahoo error message
try going to google by typing google.com in the address bar

nbrob, Aug 24, 1:02pm
Thanks king.

I have google as search in my preferences and when I do a search it has google in the bar but when I hit return it fluffs around and I get the Yahoo page. I have rebooted computer but it makes no difference.

Stumped.

aprilguy, Aug 24, 1:24pm
Try deleting Yahoo as a search alternative from Safari search prefs.

nbrob, Aug 24, 1:48pm
Well yahoo is there but not selected and I don't see a way of removing it all together.

When opening safari from closed it comes up with

http://search.searchpulse.net/?_pg=7E3F6333-3462-55B1-A222-0F62C36B79E3&affid=dhm_A0I4H_ext_bsf_H&type=h

If I open a new window I then get my home page.

My son is coming tomorrow so it will give him something to do.

Thanks for you help.

nbrob, Aug 26, 9:42am
Fixed.
Somehow got hacked and all browsers were affected. The url in post #4 became my home page.

nice_lady, Aug 26, 10:37am
Post #5 the url, without even going there, was quite sufficient to tell me you had an adware infection. Hacked ? No.

nbrob, Sep 17, 8:02am
Thanks n-l. You are no doubt correct it was just that some odd emails were sent out from my address book to some contacts.

All is well now.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)