Not receiving some emails

3amigoes, Aug 9, 3:26pm
I am not receiving some emails and have been told that it is coming up an error. When I send an email to those people it is coming up 554 5.7.1 message rejected due to possible spam content. I used to receive from them so don't know what to do. Any help please

vtecintegra, Aug 9, 3:49pm
Switch to a better email provider.

nice_lady, Aug 9, 3:58pm
Let me guess. You're using an xtra addy to send from?

gyrogearloose, Aug 9, 4:08pm
Send them a test email with a different heading and just a brief message, to see whether a spam filter in the chain of handling is picking up some text that is interpreted as spam.

king1, Aug 9, 4:35pm
something similar happens with sending to old vodafone addresses,
if you are sending email to an @vodafone.co.nz etc address and vodafone forwards it to say gmail, Gmail will sometimes consider the forwarded message to be spam. But if you send directly to the new email account it goes through fine.

nice_lady, Aug 9, 4:57pm
Actually re-reading your post has made it even less clear what's happening.
Firstly you say " I am not receiving some emails and have been told that it is coming up an error. "

So the people can't send mail to you ?

Then you say: "When I send an email to those people it is coming up 554 5.7.1 message rejected due to possible spam content"

So also YOU can't send THEM mail ?

So they can't send you mail and you can't send them mail ? Maybe if you could find out what error they are getting when they try to send to you ?

bryshaw, Aug 9, 5:03pm
Was the content under watch?

3amigoes, Aug 9, 8:05pm
Nice lady - I used to receive emails from a school and when I contacted them to say that I had not received the latest newsletter they advised that they it had been returned saying something to the effect that my computer would not allow it to be delivered. I then replied to an email that I had received earlier onto to find the error message coming up.

nice_lady, Aug 9, 8:48pm
Ok ask them to try sending you another email and give you the EXACT error message if they get one.

Vague error messages make it damn hard to pin down the issues.

What email addy are you sending from?
Xtra. Voda. Gmail?.
Don't post your addy just that detail ok.

3amigoes, Aug 10, 5:35pm
Bryshaw - I'm not sure.

spyware, Aug 10, 6:38pm
So the emails have attachments do they?

spyware, Sep 27, 6:48am

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)