Spark email account

soundie1, Mar 19, 7:53am
I receive my email thru spark.
For the last week or so the down loading of my messages is taking longer and longer. Today a new development ,its quicker to get to the emails but the messages stored in my files wont open .Pop up messages of Error or Server unavailable appear. Any ideas on how to fix this

black-heart, Mar 19, 2:54pm
Name of OS?
Name of email program?
I suggest you use sparks support, because thats what they are paid for.

spyware, Mar 19, 9:14pm
Spark are not paid to support email clients at all. Most of the Spark CSRs are so clueless you wouldn't want them involved in anything remotely technical.

luigi21, Mar 19, 10:06pm
Yeah and sit on the phone to them for bloody hours of listening to shit music and if this push that and if something else push or click the other . They are hopeless Craps is right they just like me and cant spell their name the correct way round !

luigi21, Mar 19, 10:08pm
Yeah and sit on the phone to them for bloody hours of listening to shit music and if this push that and if something else push or click the other . They are hopeless kraps is right they just like me and cant spell their name the correct way round !

duncb, Mar 19, 10:15pm
There is a fix. Change to another email provider such as gmail. A bit of a pain to change but it means that you can change internet providers at no cost in the future

spyware, Mar 20, 6:59pm
OPs problem is most likely with the email client itself.

moore., Mar 23, 6:52am
If you change to another provider as gmail,, is there a way I can have any emails sent to my current address to the new one automatically?

r.g.nixon, Mar 23, 8:33am
Yes, but it will only grab them around every 30 minutes.

king1, Mar 23, 10:00am
and when you send messages it will send them via the gmail address

switching to gmail is a workaround - it would be worth at least trying to deal with the issues with the spark account, personally it sounds like your actually having an internet problem, not an email problem.

Would need a lot me info though to know what we are dealing with - OS, email client etc. You could try restarting the modem, might help.

jubre, Mar 23, 10:48am
Changing providers will not make any difference.
It must be to do with your computer. I am with Spark and mine are really fast. I have windows 10, and a computer that is two years old.

duncb, Mar 23, 11:14am
Switching to gmail is a bit more than a work around. I switched from xtra to gmail a few years ago. I found the service more reliable and I am now free to change internet providers should I wish to.

kevymtnz, Mar 23, 11:40am
if you use spark you get what you deserve

king1, Jan 5, 5:50pm
Its a workaround in terms of the problem at hand ie getting spark email to work. 99% of folks don't have significant issues with spark anymore, post Yahoo that is, so I suspect other factors at play which suggests to me the other factors might also affect other services like gmail. just my two cents

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)