Wanting to update 4.4.2 on older Samsung tablet

cherise11, Apr 18, 3:46pm
to Android 5.0 externally because device tells me it's up to date already. Do I just download it to my tablet as a file and open it? Is it safe? What do I do please?

duncb, Apr 18, 4:26pm
I think it will help if you tell us which Samsung tablet you have

peanuts37, Apr 18, 5:04pm
Maybe no update, getting old now. May have already been updated ie 4 to 4.4.2 and that's it.

vtecintegra, Apr 18, 5:35pm
What model tablet?

gabbysnana, Apr 18, 7:07pm
Nope you cant on a samsung tablet.

suicidemonkey, Apr 18, 11:15pm
5.0 may not be available for your tablet. Depends what tablet it is.

cherise11, Apr 19, 1:53am
I have a gt-n8000 2012 model running android 4.4.2 and I want to update to 5.0 if possible, thanks.

vtecintegra, Apr 19, 7:07am
That's as up to date as that device is going to get.

I know there were some builds of Cyanogenmod of much later versions, but they never got to a usable state (and TBH that tablet is so old it isn't worth trying with)

nice_lady, Apr 19, 7:37am
You might be able to find some Cyannogen or other Roms to update the tablet. However be aware - they may or may not work with all the functionality you want, also it will be a HUGE learning curve. AND if you screw it up you will probably 'brick' the device - it may be recoverable from that but if not or if you can't then it's a 'Brick' pretty much literally and will be of no use to you or anyone else except perhaps as a fancy kitchen chopping board !

cherise11, Apr 19, 1:01pm
Okay, I don't want to brick my tablet so I will leave it. I was trying not to become a victim of obsolescence but it does look like I will have to update to a newer model. Thanks.

black-heart, Apr 19, 4:30pm
Sell it on trademe, some noob will buy it

suicidemonkey, Apr 19, 4:31pm
Oh look, outside time.

emmerson1, Dec 15, 6:51pm
Android releases the core android updates, then it is up to manufacturers to match those to all their different bits of hardware. After a few years, it gets harder to match new functionality to older hardware, and eventually they stop bothering. Like trying to find new parts for 20 year old cars.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)