ASU RT AC3200 and Spark Max Fibre connection

carolyn24, Jul 31, 1:49pm
Hi, Brought the Asus rt ac3200 for max fibre with spark and can't get the speeds spark said it should be at up to 900 downloads. I've been on the phone to them numerous times and they reckon it the modem that the Asus won't handle fibre max. I don't think this is true, Has anyone had this problem with the internet speed with the aforementioned router . if so did you fix it and how :) thanks in advance, oh and we brought the new router because the standard spark one died, they are sending a new one, but this cost a lot of money so would like to get it up and running properly .

nice_lady, Jul 31, 1:53pm
So what site are you testing the speed on ?
What speed are you getting ?
Have you logged into the modem to get the actual line speed from that ?
Are you testing the speed otherwise from a device connected to the modem by cable or wifi ?

cube_guy, Jul 31, 2:58pm
We also have Gigabit Fibre too albeit with a different provider, and get nowhere near the quoted speeds with any of our devices connected by wireless (we only have phones and a tablet to test this on - no laptops). With our wired desktop PC's that are hardwired though, we get full speeds, and it works well. We are using an aftermarket router similar in spec to your Asus one, and it handles the job well, just like your Asus one should too. As mentioned above, you need to be testing on a hardwired device to get a truly accurate indication of where you are at.

nice_lady, Jul 31, 3:31pm
"get nowhere near the quoted speeds with any of our devices connected by wireless (we only have phones and a tablet to test this on - no laptops)"

Yep wifi is often slower - dependant on the router of course. Phones/tablets are not necessarily slower or faster than laptops wifi wise - it all depends on their hardware.

lythande1, Jul 31, 5:01pm
Up to, yes.
Depends on distance, traffic, wifi or not, etc.

What speed do you get usually?

carolyn24, Aug 1, 12:07am
nice_lady wrote:
So what site are you testing the speed on ?
What speed are you getting ?
Have you logged into the modem to get the actual line speed from that ?
Are you testing the speed otherwise from a device connected to the modem by cable or wifi ?[/q
We are getting any where from 170 to 301 . no where near what we are supposed to get, and I test it on the spark speed test page. not sure how to log into the modem and get the line speed and my router is connected to the desktop via a lan cable

carolyn24, Aug 1, 12:08am
We are getting anywhere from 170 to 301 . nowhere near what we are supposed to get, and I test it on the spark speed test page. not sure how to log into the modem and get the line speed and my router is connected to the desktop via a LAN cable

carolyn24, Aug 1, 12:15am
The spark modem arrived today and just connected it up . the speed is 219 download and 459 uploads. so its obviously not the Asus, which I didn't think it was. Ill ring spark again . they said they did the line tests and it should be rollin in at around 900 . but its not . the wifi is good on the Asus, no problems there and we can run 2 desktops, 2 mobiles, a tablet and 2 wireless laptops on it no problem now, no buffering at all thats with the asus. its the desktop that seems to have the problem . Thanks for all your help ill just have to keep trying .

nice_lady, Aug 1, 4:30am
So what connection speed is your wifi at on the best device and how old is the desktop ? (make & model be handy).

Hmmm

I ask again - what site are you using to measure the speed ?

According to Spark you seem to be exceeding the upload speed - which is very odd;

"Ultra Fast FibreMAX runs on the Ultra Fast Broadband network, providing speeds of between 700Mbps and 900Mbps download/400Mbps upload in optimal conditions"

black-heart, Aug 1, 8:00am
^OP said shes using the spark websites speed test.
Is the desktop connected with a cable or wifi ?

nice_lady, Oct 3, 7:57am
Ah

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)