Chromebooks and HDD Page 2 / 2

dinx, Feb 4, 12:29am
Being pedantic about SSD definitions isnt really going to make much difference to OP in measuring a Chromebook performance.

OP a chromebook will store your Chrome profile online but you can also save some things locally or to most internet locations. So a useful benefit is if a Chromebook is smashed today, you get another and log into your profile on a new machine and in theory you are good to go. Assuming you haven't been offline for ages and haven't sync'd up with your online profile.

DD had one for nearly 3 years at school being a typical teen and didn't use up the 16GB available on the machine. Everything was online but if you really want to, many also takes and SD card for extra storage andwe can also use an external drive (SSD or HDD, whtever rocks your world lol).

Teen would have been a bit more of a power user compared to most students even then. She figured out how to do things the IT staff could not and even found a python compiler when told she could not do python programming on it by the "expert" trainer.

king1, Feb 4, 9:04am
Actually the point was a flash or emmc drive cannot be considered a true solid state drive as you seem to be pushing. They are in completely different category from 2.5", M2 etc.

ronaldo8, Feb 4, 4:17pm
Repeating your assertion doesn't double its validity.
It's not a mechanical drive, its solid state, the topic of the OP's inquiry

king1, Feb 4, 4:34pm
solid state technology, but not a solid state drive in the conventional sense. if you can't see the difference we'll just have to disagree, can't be bothered any more.

ronaldo8, Feb 8, 5:44am
Bothered enough to reply though I see. Would that be conventionally true? or truly conventional? In your opinion of course.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)