Saving an email to documents

I have an email which contains a word file, a PDF file and 3 photos.
I have in documents now as 5 separate files, I have tried dragging them all into one but that's not working.
I also tried sending the whole unopened email but you don't get option to save as.
Any suggestions as to how to make one file out of the 5 please.
Using windows 10

geek_flopsie, Aug 31, 10:37 am

just create a new folder and dump them in there.

But if you want to I would suggest start with the word doc, copy and paste the text from the PDF, and the drag photos into the word doc. but it gets messy this way

geek_king1, Aug 31, 11:00 am

This works for me: right-click on the email and choose 'Save As . Webpage, Complete'.

Then you can open File Explorer, right-click on the HTML file and choose 'Open with . Microsoft Edge'.

I find the other browsers don't open it correctly.

geek_gyrogearloose, Aug 31, 11:09 am

Drag the email in. Will save as an .eml file. May depend what email client you use.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 31, 11:59 am

I would "print" the email and the photos to PDF files. (There are plenty of free PDF Printers available - such as Cute PDF).

You now have 5 PDF files which can be merged in various ways. There are on-line websites where you upload the files and get a combined one back and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a freeware application as well.

geek_wembley1, Aug 31, 1:08 pm

Thanks folks, a few things to try there.

geek_flopsie, Aug 31, 1:32 pm

open email. top left click 'save as'.

geek_nice_lady, Aug 31, 3:41 pm

So simple, thanks for that. Trouble is now to open it it wants me to set up Outlook 2013

geek_flopsie, Sep 1, 9:55 am

What is the file extension? There may be a smaller freeware that will open it. Would save you the bloat of using Outlook.

geek_r.g.nixon, Sep 1, 10:07 am

in email, you should have save attachments, save to the file you want, otherwise open each attachment and save to file, basic stuff.

geek_gabbysnana, Sep 1, 10:09 am

possibly
right click the file -> open with -> choose your existing email program which i'm not sure you've actually mentioned what it is?

This will work for installed desktop programs but if your using the windows mail app i don't think it will

geek_king1, Sep 1, 10:17 am

That's what I initially set out to do . So I had five files and I couldn't drag them into one. So I opened a new file and put them there. But the new file doesn't respond to the way I set my documents up. I want them in chronological order most recent on top . I worked that out but new file I made is mixed up old stuff and really hard to find. Basic stuff yes. but then that's why I'm here.

geek_flopsie, Sep 1, 10:41 am

I should change from livemail to Outlook but that might be a job for the chap that maintains my computer

geek_flopsie, Sep 1, 10:43 am

Whys it want you to set up outlook 2003?
You obviously already have an email program. Maybe it's not at up as default.

geek_nice_lady, Sep 14, 2:00 pm