Adobe Photoshop Extended CS3 10 Windows Student Ed

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS3 10 Windows Student Ed I'd like to go legit with Adobe (although I hate how expensive some of their products are), any how, saw on here:http://tinyurl.com/6cbqob for $239.00. I guess that's a not too bad price. Basically by "school" what qualifies to be able to use the student edition? I'm in my last year of high school and am wondering if this qualifies for their student software due to i believe it mainly being for people at places such as polytech. Also whats the difference between CS3 and CS3 Extended? Replies appreciated ;-) Thanks, Matt

geek_mattie47, Aug 4, 8:09 pm

Also the only form of ID that I could prove to school be in high school would be my 2008 Metro Cando card. Would they be after something like a print out proving my current school enrollment or something? Thanks :-)

geek_mattie47, Aug 4, 8:11 pm

Read the smallprint in the descritption re: student discount. BTW that url is wrong.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 4, 8:11 pm

Extended - http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/03/whats_unique_to.html

geek_rbd5, Aug 4, 8:12 pm

Cheaper at lapshop.co.nz for students

geek_michellew2k, Aug 4, 8:13 pm

TERTIARY students.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 4, 8:14 pm

Hmm didn't realise the tinyurl didn't work. Here's the pricespy link to the product: http://www.pricespy.co.nz/c_387.html?p=1514421

geek_mattie47, Aug 4, 8:14 pm

Let me help you this is the description at elive under the student edition of Photoshop CS#: Students must provide a valid, current student ID that includes name, date and a photo. Only full or part-time students enrolled at Higher Education establishments defined as accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years study OR students enrolled at an accredited public or private school providing full-time instruction.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 4, 8:16 pm

Re.8 Yes I read that. My question is where it says "OR students enrolled at an accredited public or private school providing full-time instruction." Would a High school count under this? Excuse me if it sounds like a silly question, would just hate to purchase something to find I don't qualify for it :-)

geek_mattie47, Aug 4, 8:19 pm

Yes. They won't let you buy it at the discounted price if you don't meet the criteria. I'd say your real hurdle is the proper ID.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 4, 8:21 pm

Thanks for the link rbd5. Well i'm just wondering if Cando card + maybe a printout of my current school enrollment would be all that is required as our school don't do student IDs as I know some other schools do. The text says: Students must provide a valid, current student ID that includes name, date and a photo. Well Cando cards cover this as it says my school,age etc and has a photo of me.

geek_mattie47, Aug 4, 8:36 pm

Student Discounts / Upgrades I suggest some caution re Student discounts on software. Adobe and Apple have just offered upgrades to LIghtRoom and Aperture - but not for student licences. So students have to pay full price to get the upgrade if they are not still students. On the other hand, the Student discount on the new version is still very attractive.

geek_simonborganic, Aug 4, 8:45 pm