Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player We are trying to download the latest version because some of the sites we used to use now require this. However we are having problems downloading it. It says the download is complete, but we still can't get into the sites. Can somebody please help us? Thank you.

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:26 pm

Have you restarted the browser?

geek_wholesaler, Aug 15, 6:29 pm

Does that mean the same as shutting down the whole computer, because we did that. We also tried just closing down all the programmes that were running and re-opening them too. Neither made any difference.

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:31 pm

When you were installing it did you close the browser?

geek_wholesaler, Aug 15, 6:31 pm

No we left everything running are we meant to shut it down? Sorry if these are silly questions, not particularly crash hot at the technical side of computers.

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:33 pm

Basically you generally need to close the browser during install, I mean it can still install when its open. Best bet would to try it again with the browser closed during install and see if it works

geek_wholesaler, Aug 15, 6:34 pm

Firefox or Internet Exploder? Just close all instances of the browser and then start it again.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 15, 6:35 pm

Okay thanks I'll give that a go :)

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:35 pm

Lol don't know about Exploder but we do have Internet Explorer :)

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:36 pm

Re 7 He/she restarted the machine so obviously that didnt work

geek_wholesaler, Aug 15, 6:37 pm

Hi, tried shutting down IE while it was installing, but didn't work either :( I think it stopped installing when I shut it down. Any other ideas?

geek_1speed, Aug 15, 6:53 pm

Try uninstalling it using the Windows Uninstaller from www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#uninstaller. Then reinstall it (download again if you didn't file it away somewhere)

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 15, 7:39 pm